Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 10th letter

Oi familia!

File:Jabuticaba (1).jpg
Jabuticaba (Brazilian Grape) tree
Hey! You didn't respond to my questions! What is a jabuticaba!? [we did look it up, but forgot to respond...to the right is a picture of one].

Thank you [aunt] Tina for being willing to send stuff! As for style of t-shirts, the most popular ones here are those with a lot of English words on them. Making any sense, though, is not a requirement. kkkkk. I've only seen a few T-shirts that actually arrange English words in such a manner that you can draw some sort of conclusion from reading it. What I mean by 'conclusion' is like, oh I can see from her shirt that she likes surfing, or, he's from the hood. Most of the time they find a bunch of words that look cool and print them in snazzy fonts. I'll have to take a picture of some and send them to you guys. Understandably, the Brasilians get a little offended when you laugh and mention that the English on their shirt is misspelled or doesn't make sense.

So really quick about W, the guy we baptized. He's still drinking and smoking. It really sucks. Every single time we pass by, we motivate him and he tells us, yes, I can do it, I'll stop right now. But come the next day he's smoking and drinking. It's so frustrating!! This week we are going to pass by with a guy named M, who used to be into drugs and smoking but he's clean now and also an active member of the church. Hopefully they can become friends and W can get the support he desperately needs.

Sorry for my really boring email. I type really slow still. I will try to make a more action-packed email next week.  Eu amo vocês! Beijão!! [I love you guys! Big kiss!!]

Elder Bradford



I tried a recipe for cheesecake that I saw in a livro de receitas [cookbook] here. It was kind of weird because it was made with eggs and had to be baked (don't know if it's supposed to be like that).  But it turned out okay...I know what to improve next time. Elder Hill and I ate it with peaches. hummmm! (how they say yum here).
I had to take a picture with this dessert an Irmã [Sister] made for us yesterday after lunch.
The names on the list are people we were expecting to go to church yesterday. Most of them had told us in person that they would go, the others are people that already go frequently. The ones that have checks next to them are the ones who actually went. That's Sundays on the mission for ya.
[Here's how to eat a jabuticaba (I filmed this in October or November of the same year)]