Monday, May 27, 2013

May 27th letter

Hello my family!

Wow I was surprised to hear that the bishopric is going to change! Has it already been 5 1/2 years? It doesn't seem that long ago when Bishop McKague was called. Man it was so cool having him as our bishop. I wonder who will be the new head honcho of Harmony ward??

Me and Francisco
Saturday we visited Francisco. For about a month he has been staying at a ranch to help him with life. We visited him, and it was really cool! He has changed a lot. He's not just skin and bones anymore. He's got some meat on him. He's shaved and clean, doesn't stutter, acts normal -- he's the real Francisco again! He's loving it there. He'll stay another 5 months before heading back home. We went there with Brandão our Líder da Obra [local church leader] and his wife, as well as a previous bishop (just before the current one). He promised Francisco a job when his stay is over. I'm so happy for him!

Us, our Bishop, and Lavinia & family
We also had the baptism of Lavinia yesterday. She went to the baptism of Beatriz and felt the Spirit very strong, she then had the desire to be baptized! We talked a lot with her family, who is supportive of the decision. We taught her family too. The first lesson went very well and the Spirit was strong. At one point I wasn't even saying my own words, but the words that were coming to my head in the exact minute that I needed them. Kind of cool how the promises in the scriptures are fulfilled. Now if I could only be able to do this in every single lesson!!

We are also teaching this kid Gabriel who is super smart and has a looot of questions. Thanks for the love, and the prayers. Pray for Gabriel, he's needing them!

Elder Bradford



The big guy who baptized Lavinia is a member of the ward who lives in the same bairro [neighborhood].
The other member in the suit is a recently returned missionary who helps us out a lot.

AJ, Francisco, and Elder Zacheu - the pictures below are of the ranch where Francisco is living