Hi family,
I have to thank you guys for the emails and the experiences and the thoughts that you sent! I know it doesn't work out for you guys to send so much every week but it was good to have a bunch this week! I especially liked the thoughts that Mom had on chastening, I am learning here in the mission field about how this is important. I'm learning this from my companion. He doesn't hesitate to correct me when I do something that is wrong or is a little weird in Portuguese. But I know that he doesn't do this to make himself feel better, he does this because, as he already explained to me, he wants me to be a better missionary. So I've begun to do the same to help him be a better missionary.
Usually on the mission I've been afraid to correct other missionaries unless they asked for correction, but really its my duty to help other missionaries be better, so I need to correct them at all times, but with love and example. Like you said mom, I'm not really serving the missionaries if I neglect to help them through correction. This last week I didn't have as much chance to give pointers as I thought I would, because we didn't end up doing some interviews that we planned on.
In regard to our apartment, it's good, but very small. The weather is better this week, it's actually getting hot. About the tea and medicines, here in Brazil it's quite popular to drink tea to keep the body strong, but in the São Paulo state it's very common to take man-made medications, so very similar to the US.
Also, we had a baptism of Carlos who I told you about last week. He was reference we received from the mission office secretaries. It was very cool.
EU AMO VOCÊS!
Elder Bradford
