I'm actually able to read the Portuguese Livro de Mórmon much faster, but I still have to take it word by word. I need to work on applying the new words I find to my lessons, so I can use them in speaking instead of just being able to read them. Irmão Mauricio said that the language in the Livro de Mórmon is not far different from the Portuguese spoken by people today - in fact, he said there are some people who speak exactly in that manner.
He also said that the outskirts of Campinas are total redneck territory. Yes, they have rednecks here, called caipiras. They have a funny accent, plaid clothes and everything.
Real quick, I have like a minute left, here's a quote from a talk given by Elder Bednar (translated into Portuguese and back into English): "The gospel of Jesus Christ serves to comfort the afflicted, and afflict the comfortable." :P interesting, huh? I'll follow-up later today with a missionties letter.
Love yall!
Elder Bradford
The following is a letter received later that day (click on it to view):
.png)