Infelizmente [unfortunately], I don't have a lot of time to write today. Getting the absentee voting ballot organized and sending the audio clip (see below) took longer than I thought! Mas, tranquilo, aproveito o tempinho que tenho [But that's okay, I will make good use of the little time I have].
| Beans, rice, sweet & sour sauce, and Asian deep-fried chicken - one of AJ's favorite dishes (as well as his dad) |
Thank you for your responses as to what makes the letters more enjoyable to read! Unfortunately, this letter is kinda poopy, but don't let that make you think I didn't read and enjoy your comments. Also, thank you for the comment Mom about remembering that Christ could very well come in my lifetime [as commented by President Shafer during stake conference this past Sunday]. It made me think about how I want my life to be like the moment he arrives. And really, I need to try right now to be that person I want to be, instead of putting it off for later. It makes perfect sense that Christ would not reveal to us the date of his arrival, because He knows that we would put off applying His doctrine in our lives until the end, and He knows that it is through constant improvement in His doctrine that we become better.
Well, Elder McCann's already finished, so I guess I need to wrap it up :( I will have to write a lot more next week. Please include in your prayers a kid named L. He will probably be baptized this weekend, but first he has to pass an interview with our mission president tomorrow.
Eu amo vocês! Tenham uma boa semana!! [I love you! Have a good week!!]
Elder Bradford
I recorded myself one day in Botucatu for a little bit as Elder Hill and I went out to go to lunch:
We were waiting at a bus stop talking to some guy who approached us (asking about America), then the bus came and it so happened that one of the people we were teaching got on the bus with us. I hope you enjoy it! [AJ later sent a translation of the conversation, which is available here]
More pics of AJ's sweet & sour feast: