Monday, September 16, 2013

September 16th letter

AJ, Christian, and  Elder Henriques
OKAY, so this week we had a baptism! It was a kid named Christian, who has been going to church for a long time but didn't want to be baptized until two weeks ago. We got in contact with him this last week, and he was baptized!

So there's really not a lot to write this week. I'm doing fine. Elder Henriques and I did a church fireside yesterday about missionary work, and about 30 members came. We did practices with them about how to share the church materials with their friends. The fireside was OK, but it could have been better. The ward mission leader is good, but he spent about an hour talking and the projector didn't work so everyone had to watch the videos we prepared on the little laptop he brought. But it wasn't horrible.

This week we met with a lot of members and all of a sudden they are passing along to us references of people to teach. I don't know if God is blessing our ward or if we did something that made the members want to give references, but whatever happened I'm very grateful. I've learned the best way to get references from members is to gain their trust and be an obedient, spiritual missionary, as well as be a cool, social person. No member will send boring or annoying missionaries to teach the gospel to their best friends.

OKAY have a grrrrrrrreat week!!!
Elder Bradford

A picture of me and Elder Riquerme on Da Alegria road [translates to 'Joy' road]