Today I have very little time to write because I spent most of my time making a document to better keep up with the areas where we have missionaries, so I'll just mention real quick about our friend Antony.
Two Saturdays ago we ate lunch at a family's house, and after we gave the first lesson asked about friends we could teach. Their daughter thought of her friend Antony. She called him and he said that he would stop by their house later that day, so we left and returned later and gave him the first lesson. He understood it well and we invited him to read the Book of Mormon and to attend church. The lesson was enjoyable. It's interesting how the same amount of information can be at times very enjoyable to teach and very understandable, and then in other lessons it can seem really heavy and way too much for the person.
SO, Antony went to church with the family and liked it a lot. During the week he is gone almost the whole day at work and school, so we didn't get to talk to him until this last Saturday. He witnessed the baptism of a girl in our ward and thought it was cool. We taught him about the gospel of Christ and he accepted to be baptized on the 27th, as long as he feels ready. Then he went to church on Sunday and something must of happened...maybe he felt something. When we went to teach him yesterday I asked, "How are you feeling about your baptism on the 27th?". I was expecting him to kind of look down and say "Oh, I don't know...I don't think I'm ready", but he just looked to the side, thought a little bit, then looked at me and smiled and nodded his head. I was just like, YEEAAAAHHHH!!! I mean, that's what was in my head...I didn't actually scream in the lesson. But we were like parabens pela decisão [congratulations on your decision] and we taught him the commandments...he accepted all of them. He's already cut coffee and tea even though we didn't tell him about it until yesterday. That is so cool. So we're rooting that he can be baptised this Sunday!!
Eu amo vocês! Elder Bradford!
| Here's God's phone number, in case you're wondering [a coincidental reference to 'Eloi', which is an Aramaic name for God as well as the apparent name of a town/business in Brazil] |