Holy cow dad, that is so cool that you met Elder Dube while serving your mission!! [AJ is referring to his dad meeting a young Eddie Dube in the town of Kwekwe, Zimbabwe in 1986. Edward Dube, a church leader in the 1st Quorum of the Seventy since April, addressed church members during the Saturday morning session of general conference]. I've never even thought about the fact that someone that I've met here could end up being in the general leadership of the church or someone of importance. Wow that blew my mind!! I showed this to my companion and he told me his favorite talk of the whole conference was of Elder Dube. Man I'm going to print the photo you sent and show it to people...hey my dad met this guy on his mission!
About being the new 'Presidente da Soc Soc' [AJ responds to his mom being called as the new Relief Society president in our church ward], as a missionary I can suggest that you work closely with the Elders. Meaning: check up with them every once in a while to see if the dinners are going okay (the Elders will (probably) never call you to say the dinners aren't happening, they won't want to bother you). Well, actually I don't even know if in the US the Relief Society has a part in the meals with missionaries...here our lunches are run by the RS. Tell the women of the ward that the Elders are awesome and every once in a while have someone drop off a snack at their apartment. Encourage the women to preach the gospel with their friends and family. Make sure the RS does their part of the Ward Mission Plan. Make sure that the women do their Visiting Teaching visits. Hehehehe, so you'll already have a lot on your plate besides all of this, but some things to consider!!!
HEY! I almost forgot! I was transferred! I don't know where! I will know tomorrow! Yeah this week was groovy and conference was cool! I love you guys!!! Thanks for the emails, love and prayers! Thank you also for sending the packages!!!
Elder Bradford
| Our zone of missionaries at Pres. Martin's house (stake president) |
| The missionaries in my mission zone |