So I have little time again...but I will tell a cool experience.
We got a referral to teach someone about two weeks ago; her name is Christiane. We weren't able to get to her house immediately and had to go a few days later. When we got there she said that she'd been praying and praying every day that we would go by there. We talked with her and met her son, Vitor, who's had some problems with drugs. We talked with them both and taught how they can apply the atonement of Jesus in their lives. I've found as a missionary you end up giving a lot of family counsel!
So, we later took them to a family home evening and it was cool, and we returned there yesterday with some church members. The lesson ended up being a conversation between her and one of the members, but that's no problem because that's what we want anyways. We decided to leave a small thought at the end and I talked about daily prayer and scripture study. We invited them to read everyday. Then I started to explain about how they could start reading the Bible, and Elder Lierley asked them if they had a Book of Mormon. She said "no, I don't". He asked, "do you want one?" She said "yes". It was kind of funny because we hadn't yet talked about the Book of Mormon. So I took out a Book of Mormon from my bag and briefly explained about it and I promised her that if she read and prayed about it she could know that the book is true.
Christiane then interrupted and said, "but I already know that this book is true". And I was like, uh... Sometimes when we teach people they say the Book of Mormon is true simply because it talks about God and Jesus. So I doubted her and I asked, "what do you mean?" And she said, "I had a dream that I would receive this book". She explained with tears in her eyes that she dreamed that someone gave her a book, and not just any book, but a special book...and that she hugged the book and said I will love reading this. Then she hugged the Book of Mormon and we promised her blessings for having accepted it and recognizing the hand of God in her life. She's going to church this Sunday with her son and we're planning to take her to the Campinas temple on Saturday! I'm sooo excited to be teaching her! God indeed prepares people to hear the truth!!
HAVE a great week!
Elder Bradford
| Our recent visit to the Campinas temple |